Five CoJMC students named to 2015 Franco’s ListTuesday, December 1, 2015 - 6:00pm
Five University of Nebraska–Lincoln College of Journalism and Mass Communications students were recognized earlier this month being named to Franco’s List.
Franco’s List, named after University of Nebraska–Lincoln Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Juan Franco, recognizes students who are identified as outstanding agents of character and integrity.
Selection to Franco's List is awarded for each student's commitment to living a life of integrity in accordance with the "Show Your Red" movement and its six building blocks: citizenship, dependability, commitment, respect, open-mindedness and care.
The recipients were nominated by a University of Nebraska–Lincoln community member and selected by the student affairs’ Character Council.
CoJMC students recognized were:
- Sydny Boyd, junior broadcasting major from Castle Pines, Colorado
- Haley Scanlan, senior advertising and public relations and broadcasting double major from Glenwood, Iowa
- Rebekka Schlichting, professional journalism graduate student from Hiawatha, Kansas
- Ky Veney, junior advertising and public relations major from Lincoln, Nebraska
- Maddie Wurtele, junior journalism major from Nebraska City, Nebraska