At the University of Nebraska–Lincoln you will be part of 150 years of excellence in higher education and 125 years of leadership in journalism, advertising and public relations, broadcasting, and now, sports media and communication. Our distinguished, land-grant public research university is filled with collaborators and scholars who have come together to build on each other’s strengths and forge a better future. As a Big 10 University, we’re committed to our mission to provide access and serve Nebraska. We earn it every day and dig deep to change the world. Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s Best Large Employers, we have a small campus feel with global connections. Join us.
For 125 years, our students have hit the ground running from day one and we encourage our faculty to do the same. We are a community built off of hands-on experiences and passion.
- Only collegiate winner of the Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Grand Prize
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, research/creative activity and service
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications
Our Big 10, distinguished, land-grant public research university is filled with collaborators and scholars who have come together to build on each other’s strengths and forge a better future.
- Ranked by Forbes as one of America's Best Large Employers
- Small campus feel with global connections
- Member of the Big 10 Conference and Big 10 Academic Alliance
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
Much like its 270,000 residents, Lincoln is where you'll find a place to call home.
- Buzzing arts and music scene
- Bustling startups
- Plenty of activities to kick your feet up, stay active or network
- Growing Haymarket area with the world-class Pinnacle Bank Arena
- Eighth Best City in the Nation (SmartAsset's Best Cities of 2016)
- Great downtown nightlife just one block from campus
- Top 50 Best Bike City of 2016 (Bicycling.com)
- Cornerstone of the booming Silicon Prairie
What others say about us
for Quality of Life
for Places to Live
Overall Financial Wellbeing
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
Assistant Professor of Practice in Advertising and Public Relations
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Journalism and Mass Communications is seeking an assistant professor of practice to join our award-winning advertising and public relations program starting in August 2021. The responsibilities of this position will include teaching 6-8 courses per year, related to public relations, advertising, or sports media and communication depending on other assigned duties.Apply Now
Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree and 5 years of professional experience in advertising, public relations, sports promotion, marketing or a related field.Apply Now
Preferred qualifications include a master’s degree, 10 years of professional experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching at the college level.Apply Now
How to apply
Employment begins in August 2021. Review of applications will begin April 5, 2021, and continue until the position is filled or the search is closed. To be considered for the position, click on the “Apply Now.” Complete the form and attach a letter of application; a detailed curriculum vita that includes information on education, experience and qualifications; and a list of three references with complete contact information.Apply Now