Get hands-on experience to help with learning software and equipment through a series of instructor-led workshops that take place in person at the scheduled date and time in Room 27 in Andersen Hall (the drone journalism lab in the basement).
They are free and you can earn extra credit toward your JOMC 131, 132 or 133 class. Each workshop is worth 2 points of extra credit for a total of 10 points per class. See the schedule for Fall 2021 below.
Tuesday, October 26
JVC | 1 p.m. | Alan Eno
- Learn the basics of the JVC equipment for your Video modules and any other video project in your classes.
Tuesday, November 2
Illustrator | 12:30 p.m. | Megan Schulte-Covert
- Take your Illustrator skills to the next level. Learn more advanced techniques for faster production and better illustration skills.
Thursday, November 11
Photoshop I | 10:30 a.m. | Paul Schumacher
- Learn the basics of Photoshop including how to place and work with images and how to speed up your workflow.
Tuesday, November 16
Microsoft Visual Studio | 2 p.m. | Adam Wagler
- This workshop focuses on the basics of using Microsoft Visual Studio for learning HTML and CSS for Web 1 and 2 modules.
Tuesday, November 30
Premiere Pro I | 1 p.m. | Alan Eno
- Learn how to do basic editing using Premiere including adding a title, manipulating clips, color correction, and adding basic effects
Tuesday, December 7
Audition | 2:30 p.m. | Kaci Richter
- Learn the basics of Audition, like how to balance sound levels and audio editing. Learn more techniques for faster production and better audio editing skills.