Hit the ground running Internships and Careers
Employers like to hire CoJMC grads because they know you can hit the ground running. Everything you learn in your classes prepares you for that, and an internship or two takes you to a way higher level. We help you learn how to polish up your resume and cover letter, how to create an impressive portfolio of your work and how to get in touch with potential employers.
Every week, you’ll get an email telling you about job and internship openings. Faculty will often nudge you toward a particular opportunity. And each fall you can attend an intern night and get even more advice. Current jobs and internships are also posted through Handshake, LinkedIn, and the CoJMC Newsletter.
Internship How-To Videos
- Why internships are important
with Dennis Bukoski
- How to find out about internships
with Alia Conley
- How to get an internship video
with Mitch Mattern
- How to prepare for an internship video
with Andrea Vasquez
- How to dress for and act during an internship interview
with Asha Anchan
- How I got my summer internship
with Zee Chiweshe
- Biggest thing I have learned from my internship
with Andrew Dickinson
- What is the biggest piece of advice you'd give to future interns
with Cori Schwabe
- Watch the whole playlist on YouTube
Job Hunting Tips
Advice from a prospective employer
What is Mike Kellams from the Chicago Tribune looking for when he hires?
New Job or Internship?Internship for Credit Permission Code Request
Time to let the world know about it. You will be helping us build the brand of successful, engaged University of Nebraska–Lincoln Students by making your accomplishments a visible part of our college.Fill out the Student Internship Evaluation Survey
If you want to hire a Husker, we have three easy, convenient and free options:
- Log in or create an account at Handshake to submit your openings.
- Visit the CoJMC's official LinkedIn page. Add University of Nebraska–Lincoln CoJMC to your network.
- Submit a job opening so that we can send out a weekly announcement through the CoJMC email newsletter.
Read our internship policy before submitting an internship.