The College of Journalism and Mass Communications values student travel experiences that enhance academic learning or provide professional development opportunities. To the extent funding allows, the college seeks to provide students with support to offset the cost of travel in the pursuit of these two goals.
- Any undergraduate or graduate major in the College of Journalism and Mass Communications is eligible to apply.
- Funding cannot be used to support CoJMC-sponsored travel - travel that is organized by a CoJMC faculty or staff member. Please contact your instructor about this kind of travel.
- Funding cannot be used to support travel related to employment at UNL. Please contact your supervisor for this kind of travel.
- Funding cannot be used to offset the cost of an unpaid or low paid internship. Please see Internship Award opportunities to support this kind of travel.
- Funding is limited to travel that supports academic learning or professional development.
- Funding amounts are limited to $250 for domestic travel and $500 for international travel.
- Funding will be provided up to the approved amount as an award to the applicants Student Account or, if applicable, funding will be transferred to an RSO’s SOFS account.
- An application is required for all awards.
- Applications must be submitted no later than one week prior to travel.
- Submitting an application is not a guarantee of funding.
- All applications will be reviewed by the CoJMC leadership team. You will be notified of the outcome of the review via your Huskers email address.
- Documentation of expenses related to travel may be required. Recipients will be notified of documentation requirements by the CoJMC dean's office. Failure to provide required documentation could result in the forfeiture of the award.