Perry Challenge Registraton
Perry Photo Challenge Registration
By entering the Perry Challenge you are agreeing to the following contest rules, terms and conditions:
- Entries must be the sole and original work of the entrant taken during the contest period on March 9, 2019.
- Entries must be submitted to the judges by the deadline of TIME on March 9, 2019.
- On March 9, the judges will select five contest finalists using the criteria listed above.
- On March 10, the five finalists will have up to 10 minutes to present about their essay. The judges will select one grand prize winner following the presentations. The judge's decisions are final.
- Photographers must provide to the university at the time of submission a model release form for any individual that is recognizable in the submitted photographs. In the case of a minor (person younger than 19 years of age) the subject's parent or guardian must sign the release. A sample model release is available here.
- Similarly, photographers must provide at the time of submitting an art release form for any photographs that depict other people's work (such as sculptures, statues, paintings and other copyrightable works) to the university. A sample art release is available here.
- By submitting the entry form, entrants are agreeing to grant the Board of Regents of the University of Nebraska, its component campuses, its representatives, employees, agents and assigns, the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, reproduce and publish, royalty-free, submitted photographs for editorial, trade, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction. Entrants release the University of Nebraska, its component campuses and its Regents, officers, employees, agents, legal representatives and assign from any and all claims, actions and liability related to its use of said photographs.
- All entrants hold the Board of Regents of the University of Nebraska, its component campuses, its representatives, employees, agents and assigns (the University) harmless from and against all claims of any nature arising in connection with entrant's participation in the contest and acceptance of the prize. The University is not liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred as a result of entrants' participation in the contest or winner's acceptance and usage of a prize. The University is not responsible for incomplete or misdirected entries, technical or network malfunctions or failures, or causes beyond their control.
- The university reserves the right to cancel or modify the rules at its discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding the winners, the university reserves the right to award or not award the prize in its sole discretion. The university reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to: inhibit the enjoyment of others; tamper with the competition; violate the rules or other applicable law or regulations; infringes on the rights of third parties; or act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Decisions of the university are final and binding.
- The contest, entrant submission and the rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nebraska. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or entrant submissions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Nebraska courts.