Jacht Ad Lab Announces New Members for Spring 2016Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 6:00pm
Jacht Ad Lab, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Journalism and Mass Communications student advertising agency, announced its crew for the spring 2016 session, selecting 25 members, who represent a mix of returning and new students from multiple disciplines across the campus.
In addition, University of Nebraska–Lincoln senior advertising and public relations and marketing major Jake Bunger was named student chief executive officer for the spring term.
Jacht provides students with an experience that builds on classroom instruction by giving students an opportunity to work in a real ad agency setting.
This semester, Jemalyn Griffin has stepped into place as the interim director for Jacht Ad Lab’s fall crew as Associate Professor, Amy Struthers, takes her professional development sabbatical. Professor Struthers will return for the spring 2016 session.
"Jacht is the perfect way for any student interested in attaining hands-on branding experience with real-life clients…” Griffin said. “What I love most is the opportunity to make a positive impact on organizations within the Lincoln community and beyond.”
Students utilize their skills and knowledge to work with real clients such as the Shrine Bowl of Nebraska, the Child Advocacy Center, Finke Gardens, Lighthouse, the Nebraska Dairy Association, Travefy, Bright Lights and the Pinnacle Bank Arena.
Jacht students will have access to mentorship from Struthers as well as three industry professionals: Sandra Cranny, former senior executive vice president and chief communications officer at Bailey Lauerman; Greg Bousquet, senior art director at Swanson Russell; and Brian Reid, BioPharm Director at W2O Group, headquartered in San Francisco.
Additional mentorship and support come from Nebraska Global and local advertising agencies Bailey Lauerman and Swanson Russell.
- Spring 2016 Jachters and their hometowns:
- Alyssa Cody, Social Media Strategist – Kearney, NE
- Austin Christensen, Account Executive – Alma, NE
- Bailey Williams, Copy – Holdrege, NE
- Brent Flentje, Account Planner – Salem, OR
- Carlos Velasco, Designer – Shelby, NE
- Claire Wieger, Public Relations Specialist – Omaha, NE
- Craig Zimmerman, Videography – Lincoln, NE
- Emily Nemec, Videography – Chicago, IL
- Emma Hanson, Account Executive – Sioux Falls, SD
- Haley Bydalek , Account Executive – Lincoln, NE
- Jake Bunger, Chief Executive Officer – Kearney, NE
- John Ficenec, Photography – Omaha, NE
- Jordan Geisert, Designer – Ogallala, NE
- Kacie Hughes, Public Relations Specialist – Omaha, NE
- Karla Martinez, Videography – Lincoln, NE
- Lauren Farris, Photography – Mitchell, SD
- Leila Tatby, Account Planner – Bellevue, NE
- Moira Delaney, Public Relations Specialist – Omaha, NE
- Nate Hofmann, Business Development Executive – Omaha, NE
- Rachel Halbmaier, Social Media Strategist – Kenesaw, NE
- Savannah Nelson-Tyrrell, Account Executive – Lincoln, NE
- Sydney Prorok, Account Planner – Marshall, MN
- Sydni Rowen, Chief Operating Officer – Waukee, IA
- Taylor Bogle, Designer – Cameron, MO
- Zoe Ursick, Editor/Copy – Omaha, NE