CoJMC announces 2016 NSAC Team
CoJMC announces 2016 NSAC TeamSunday, November 8, 2015 - 6:00pm
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln College of Journalism and Mass Communications announces 22 students will compete in the 2016 National Student Advertising Competition.
“We are excited to have this opportunity, and I know this year’s team loves the challenge of a national campaign for Snapple,” faculty advisor Michael Goff said.
They join more than 150 college chapters across the country to put together a comprehensive campaign that includes creative executions, media placement, public relations, special events and various other promotional tools that speak to the target audience.
The American Advertising Federation partners with a major corporate client to provide each AAF chapter with a case study. The case study reflects a real-world situation facing the company. Each team pitches their campaign to a panel of industry judges.
This year’s corporate sponsor is Snapple. Each team is required to develop a written integrated marketing campaign proposal and a 20-minute presentation in response to the real-world advertising challenge currently faced by Snapple.
The winning team in each district advances to compete for one of eight spots at the national level, which takes place at the AAF ADMERICA! National Conference in June. The top three teams will be selected as national winners.
UNL won the national championship in 2012 and has placed first at the district level for six of the past seven years. UNL has competed each year since 2005.
Goff, professor of practice in advertising and public relations, and Rich Bailey, adjunct professor, are the UNL team advisors.
The 2016 NSAC team members:
- Linsey Armstrong, Scribner, Neb.
- Cody Broder, Papillion, Neb.
- Kevin Buglewicz, Papillion, Neb.
- Levi Campbell, Everett, Wash.
- Jamdan Clang, North Platte, Neb.
- Carson Collins, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Anna Fobair, Bennendorf, Iowa
- Brendon Henning, Lincoln, Neb.
- Taylor Kuhlman, Bellevue, Neb.
- Kelli Kuntz, Oxbow, N.D.
- Kathleen Loach, Omaha, Neb.
- Emily Murtaugh, Ralston, Neb.
- Anna Owens, North Sioux City, S.D.
- Rachel Quint, Omaha, Neb.
- Shelby Rohlff, Union, Neb.
- Will Stott, Omaha, Neb.
- Julio Toainga, Columbus, Neb.
- Elizabeth Uehling, Uehling, Neb.
- Casey Venema, Fremont, Neb.
- Nora Williams, Papillion, Neb.
- Patrick Wright, Broken Bow, Neb.
- Nate Goodwin, Scottsbluff, Neb.