CoJMC in the news
- April 1, 2013 — Brianna Soukup and Anna Reed are semi-finalists in the Hearst photojournalism contest.
- April 1, 2013 — Brianna Soukup placed 6th in the Hearst photojournalism II competition.
- March 20, 2013 — Jon Augustine and Dan Holtmeyer placed 8th, 9th in the Hearst multimedia III competition.
- March 7, 2013 — Grad student Frances Schoonveld one of four students to win Wasson leadership award.
- Feb. 27, 2013 — Faiz Siddiqui and Andrew Ward placed 4th, 9th in the Hearst sports writing competition.
- Feb. 20, 2013 — Andrew Dickinson and Morgan Spiehs placed 3rd, 5th in the Hearst multimedia II competition.
- Jan. 14, 2013 — Jon Augustine finished 7th in the Hearst multimedia I competition.
- Jan. 8, 2013 — Lanny Holstein named a Hearst radio broadcast finalist. Camila Orti placed 3rd in the television broadcast competition.
- 12/14 — Anna Reed placed fourth in the Hearst photojournalism competition. View her photos here.
- 11/28 — Faiz Siddiqui placed third in the Hearst feature writing competition. Read his winning entry here.
- 11/15 — Four ADPR students awarded AWNY scholarships.
- 11/11 — Joe Starita presented 2012 Neihardt Word Sender Award.
- 10/25 — Alumni Master Michelle Walenz ('87) to return to campus, meet with students.
- 10/25 — BRDC's Kassandra Jordan recognized for commitment to character.
- 10/22 — Anna Reed is going places with photojournalism.
- 10/22 — Jacht gives UNL students hands-on experience.
- 10/18—Scott Winter is one of the featured speakers at a TEDxLincoln event.
- 10/17—ADPR's Emily German, BRDC's Michael Sholes help Mortar Board take home a Golden Torch Award.
- 10/16—ADPR's Josh Planos, BRDC's Grace Kluck help UNL win second Big Ten title in speech and debate.
- 9/29—Two senior ADPR majors were Homecoming Royalty finalists.
- 9-24—Read the stories that make UNL great on #UNL24.
- 9/14—Three ADPR alumni selected for Inaugural Young Alumni Academy
- 8/31—Kebbel and Weber part of 18th UNL Speakers Bureau
- 6/25—Grant to help UNL study use of drones in news gathering
- 6/4—UNL students take 1st place in NSAC
- 5/11—UNL students win AAF district competition
- 5/10—Conley one of 48 students inducted into Phi Beta Kappa
- 5/1—Neb. Alumni Association honors CoJMC alumni, students, family at annual awards
- 4/30—Planos, McTygue part of winning UNL Speech and Debate team
- 4/25—3 to participate in Carnegie-Knight News21 journalism program
- 4/19—Lostroh recognized at UNL Honors Convocation
- 3/29—German, Sholes, Waite inducted into Mortar Board at Ivy Day
- 2/29—Historic iconic images the subject of UNL lecture
- 2/9—Jacht Club welcomes new clients, students in 2012
- 2011 News Releases
- 2010 News Releases
- 2009 News Releases
- News Archive
Recent CoJMC in the NewsRead news from before 2012
- LaunchSquad executive to speak at J Days Honors Convocation
April 11 — Elizabeth Sanzone of San Francisco-based LaunchSquad will discuss her experiences in Afghanistan and Panama during her April 11 keynote address at the College of Journalism and Mass Communications' annual honors convocation.
- Frannie Sprouls wins Student Impact Award
April 9 — Junior journalism student Frannie Sprouls received the Officer of the Year Award at the Student Impact Awards banquet April 9. Faculty member Rick Alloway was a finalist in the Adviser of the Year category.
- J school to honor alumni, leader at alumni award lunch April 12
The College of Journalism and Mass Communications will present Alumni Awards of Excellence to four alumni and partner with the Nebraska Broadcasters Association to present the Broadcast Pioneer Award.
- Students earn Omaha Press Club scholarships, presentation April 19
Six students at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln's College of Journalism and Mass Communications will share in $12,500 in scholarships that will be awarded April 19 by the Omaha Press Club Foundation for 2013-14.
- Student ad agency Jacht hosts First Friday at new office space
Jacht Ad Lab will be hosting its first art show as part of First Fridays in the Haymarket on Friday, April 5 from 6 to 8 p.m. The show will be located in the new Jacht space in the Candy Factory at 201 N. 8th St.
- CoJMC Annual J Days Celebration is April 8-12
April 2 — Students, alumni and distinguished professionals will be honored during the college’s J Days celebration.
- UNL students bring home stories, lessons from Sao Paolo
March 5 — Students returned to Nebraska with stories they say will motivate people to affect change and to say there is "also a lot of hopeful people out there."
- Marth 5 talk features Sports Illustrated photographer
Damian Strohmeyer will deliver a lecture at 6:30 p.m. March 5 in Andersen Hall. Strohmeyer has been affiliated with Sports Illustrated magazine for more than 20 years.
- "Point Blank: A Conversation About Gun Violence" panel discussion
"Point Blank" will feature seven panelists, each representing a different perspective on gun violence March 5 at 7 p.m. Each will discuss what they see as both the problems and potential solutions to gun violence in America. View the videotaped presentation here.
- Brazil depth report presentation is Feb. 27
The work of 10 photojournalism students will be featured in a multimedia presentation at 7 p.m. Feb. 27 at the Bourbon Theatre, 1415 O Street.
- Struthers receives advertising honor
Feb. 9, 2013 — Amy Struthers received the 2013 Silver Medal Award for outstanding contributions to the advertising community. The American Advertising Federation of Lincoln award was presented during the 20th Nebraska ADDY Awards.
- Hassler, Waite, Kebbel invited to national digital media conference
Feb. 8, 2013 — Three UNL professors have been invited to participate in Journalism Interactive 2013, or J/i, a national conference for journalism educators on Feb. 8 and 9 in Gainesville, Fla.
- "Wild Kingdom's" 50th anniversary is NET News Signature Story
Feb. 1, 2013 — This is the 50th anniversary of the "Wild Kingdom" television show. In a special Signature Story for NET News, Barney McCoy explains what made it one of the most successful programs and talks with its Nebraska-born creator.
- CoJMC students react to the 2013 brand Super Bowl ads
They laughed, they cried, they wanted to throw things at the TV. UNL students weigh in on the 2013 Brand Bowl Ads. What was your favorite?
- Jacht Student ad lab announces new staff, clients
Jan. 24, 2013 — The University of Nebraska-Lincoln student ad agency has selected its staff and clients for the spring 2013 semester.
- Meet the Spring 2013 Omaha World-Herald Fellows
Jan. 18, 2013 — Four University of Nebraska-Lincoln journalism students were selected for the spring 2013 Omaha World-Herald Fellowship program. The fellows are Haley Dover, Robby Korth, Chris Peters and Mary Rezac.
- Nebraska Broadcasters Association upgrades news equipment
Jan. 16, 2013 — The NBA recently announced it will provide $100,000 over the next five years to the College of Journalism and Mass Communications to fund equipment acquisition and maintenance.
- UNL College of Journalism named to top 50 schools in U.S.
December 2012 — A journalism industry blog places the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Journalism and Mass Communications on its 2013 list of the top 50 undergraduate journalism schools or programs.
- Holstein qualifies for National Hearst Broadcast Championship
Dec. 21 — A University of Nebraska-Lincoln student will compete in the Hearst Journalism Awards Program National Broadcast Championship in San Francisco in June.
- Journalism students place 3rd, 4th in national Hearst competition
Dec. 17 — Two University of Nebraska—Lincoln journalism students are winners in the Hearst Journalism Awards Program, often called the Pulitzer Prizes of college journalism.
- Photojournalism students report on the Brazilian summer
Follow the work of 10 student journalists travling through Brazil reporting on issues within the country from Dec. 17, 2012, to Jan. 5, 2013.
- Native Daughters 2 project focuses on Oklahoma Native women
Dec. 14 — The College of Journalism and Mass Communications began a three-semester multimedia project this fall that focuses on the role that Oklahoma Native women have played in sustaining and enriching Native culture.
- Broadcast journalism students win national BEA scholarships
Jenna Jaynes and Cade McFadden are among two of nine students from eight different campuses to have received scholarships in the BEA 2013-2014 scholarship competition.
- Journalism students place 3rd, 4th in national Hearst competition
Often called the Pulitzers of college journalism, Faiz Siddiqui and Anna Reed placed third and fourth respectively in the initial rounds of the Hearst Journalism Awards competition.
- ADPR class receives PRSA-Nebraska Paper Anvil Award
Dec. 14 — Professor Ruth Brown's Team 3AM won a Paper Anvil Award of merit in the 2012 Public Relations Society of America Nebraska Paper Anvil competition.
- Penn State professor discusses ongoing Penn State scandal
Nov. 9 — Moran talked about the ongoing story at UNL’s Andersen Hall. Moran asks “How could this happen?” and will discuss some of the answers – and more questions – about the Sandusky scandal. Watch his presentation here.
- UNL's CoJMC students rocked the 2012 election
Nov. 6 — Watch the video from the CoJMC election night coverage here.
- Learn more about the J school's reporting service
Oct. 29 — More than 100 news organizations with a combined circulation greater than 200,000 throughout Nebraska receive regular news updates about state government and the legislature’s actions from a reporting service of the College of Journalism and Mass Communications at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- CoJMC to cover Election Day 2012
Oct. 18 — More than 100 students from the College of Journalism and Mass Communications will be joining forces to bring an extensive day and night of election coverage to television, radio and the Web. On Election Day, Andersen Hall will become one of the state’s largest working newsrooms as the votes are counted and the key races and issues are decided.
- NewsNetNebraska publishes Nebraska voter guide
Oct. 18 — The University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Journalism and Mass Communications has launched an online voter guide to help Nebraskans learn more about the candidates running in statewide races.
- GO B1G. GO ABROAD. TRAVEL WITH THE CoJMC
Oct. 12 — The College of Journalism and Mass Communications is offering two study abroad opportunities for the 2013 pre-session from May 20 to June 7. Luis Peon-Casanova is sponsoring a video production class with Russian students in Moscow. Sriyani Tidball is sponsoring a trip in photography, writing and social media in Spain.
- Alex McAreavey nailed the interview, got the gig
Oct. 3 — A 2011 advertising/public relations graduate of UNL is one of five winners of “The Big Ad Gig.” Alex McAreavey will receive a 30-day paid freelance position at a top advertising agency, Atmosphere Proximity. (See McAreavey's campaign — begins at 41:55 — for the Ad Council's anti-bullying brief.)
- KRNU a finalist for College Radio Awards
For the second consecutive year KRNU is a finalist at this year's College Music Journal's College Radio Awards. KRNU has been nominated for "Best Community Resource" and "Biggest Champion of the Local Scene."
- Meet the new Nebraska Mosaic reporters
Students staff the Nebraska Mosaic class each semester. Nebraska Mosaic seeks to give voice to Lincoln's growing refutee communities. Reporters have ties to Ireland, Scotland, England, Norway, Sweden, German, France, Yugoslavia, the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Mexico and Japan.
- Meet the fall 2012 class of Omaha World-Herald fellows
Four University of Nebraska-Lincoln journalism students were selected for the fall 2012 Omaha World-Herald Fellowship program. The program is a partnership between the College of Journalism and Mass Communications and The Omaha World-Herald.
- "KRNU Sessions" will change local music scene, community
KRNU is launching a new local music series called "KRNU Sessions" beginning September 19. The move strengthens the station's position as Lincoln's new music alternative.
- Broadcasters honor emeritus professor Peter Mayeux
Mayeux taught broadcasting at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln for 36 years before retiring in 2005, producing hundreds of graduates who have gone on to work in Nebraska broadcasting. In 1985 he wrote, “Writing for the Broadcast Media,” which was adopted by universities in more than 100 countries.
- Smithsonian celebrates "I Am a Man" at National Book Month event
The Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian in New York will celebrate Joe Starita's book "I Am a Man" during National Book Month on Sept. 8.
- Edelman Chicago PR executive Deb Fiddelke guest lectures at CoJMC
August 20 — Deb Fiddelke is a guest lecturer in political campaign simulation this fall at the College of Journalism and Mass Communications. Students will be assigned a fictional candidate for Congress and will develop an integrated campaign plan to simulate the role of campaign staff.
- Broadcasters honor emeritus broadcast professor Peter Mayeux
Peter Mayeux was inducted into the Nebraska Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame August 15. Mayeux taught broadcasting at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln for 36 years before retiring in 2005.
- Save the Date: "India's Forsaken" premieres at The Ross Sept. 13
August 20 — The work of 11 photojournalism students will be featured in a multimedia presentation, “India's Forsaken,” at 7 p.m., September 13. The images and stories were collected during a depth-reporting trip to India in May.
Exploring social media as a PR strategy in the Big Ten
In spring 2011, Hipke investigated the Undergraduate Creative Activities and Research Experiences program as a way to get hands-on research experience while kick-starting her honors thesis. Dr. Frauke Hachtmann signed on to be Hipke's UCARE sponsor.
- Journalism students part of national investigative reporting project
August 13 — Alia Conley, Emily Nohr and Alissa Skelton participated in the national Carnegie-Knight News21 program this summer. News21 has produced a major national investigation into voting rights in the U.S. in August.
- CoJMC hosts Neb. High School Press Association summer workshop
July 23—Advisers and students of scholastic publications are going to summer camp on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus. Andersen Hall, the home of the College of Journalism and Mass Communications, will be the scene of the two workshops.
- Hachtmann selected for AAF visiting professor fellowship
Frauke Hachtmann, advertising and public relations professor, will spend two weeks in New York City this summer with the nation’s fourth-largest advertising agency, JWT.
- Bullard receives social media externship grant
Sue Burzynski Bullard is one of six recipients of the 2012 Scripps Howard Foundation/Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication Social Media Externship Grants.
- Hirst wins article of the year award as UNL finishes fifth in Hearst
June 8 — “Turned Away,” a story by Ellen Hirst, a senior journalism major who graduated in May, was named Article of the Year by the Hearst Journalism Awards Program. The University of Nebraska-Lincoln finished fifth in the Overall Intercollegiate Championship in the 52nd annual Hearst Journalism Awards Program.
- Advertising / PR student carries Olympic Torch
June 6—Sarah Jo Lambert will carry the Olympic Torch for 300 meters July 9 in Bletchley, England. Coca-Cola chose Lambert, 18, to be one of 10 American teenagers to take part in the Torch Relay across Great Britain leading up to the London Summer Olympic Games that start July 27.
- UNL takes first at this year's NSAC competition
June 5—Advertising students from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Journalism and Mass Communications took first place in the 2012 National Student Advertising Competition in Austin, Texas, June 2-5. (View winning presentation.)
- Kebbel to take on new, campus-wide leadership role
June 4—Taking the helm of a campus-wide initiative, Gary Kebbel will leave his post as dean of the College of Journalism and Mass Communications to create a Center for Mobile Media. Kebbel will work with faculty, students and staff from the entire campus and also may be involved with opportunities at Innovation Campus.
- CoJMC garners Northwest Broadcast News Association, AP honors
May 21—UNL earned seven first-place awards and three awards of merit from the NBNA. NewsNetNebraska placed third in the non-commercial radio category in the 2012 Associated Press Great Plains Broadcast News Contest.
- Photojournalism student earns Pulliam Journalism fellowship
May 11—Patrick Breen is headed to Phoenix, Ariz., this summer to take on his next assignment as a photographer for The Arizona Republic newspaper. Breen will shoot daily assignments and video for the newspaper and its community sections. The position is part of the Pulliam Journalism Fellowship program
- Advertising / PR students Madera, Bock on winning UNL SIFE team
May 8—The UNL Students in Free Enterprise presentation team were named Champions of their League at the 2012 Regional Competition on April 16 in Chicago, Ill. The team will now advance to the national tournament in Kansas City, Mo., in May.
- "Global Eyewitness" app to be tested during three-week trip to India
May 3—Scott Winter and Bruce Thorson are taking 11 journalism students to New Delhi, India, in May where they will use “Global Eyewitness,” a social engagement tablet app. The new app is designed to showcase the work of students who travel to underdeveloped parts of the world.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln students march to end slavery
April 18—To help bring awareness to the 27 million people enslaved around the world, members of the Nebraska University Students Against Modern Day Slavery are holding a freedom march on April 18 beginning at 4:30 p.m. in front of the Nebraska Union. Students and guest speakers will march to the State Capitol.
- McCoy wins Broadcast Education Association news competition
April 16—Barney McCoy, an associate professor of journalism at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is among six national entrants selected by peers and professional judges to receive the Festival of Media Art’s highest honor in recognition of outstanding scholarship and contribution to the media arts.
- Omaha Press Club awards scholarships to seven CoJMC students
April 13—The Omaha Press Club Foundation will award $12,250 in scholarships and awards to University of Nebraska-Lincoln students at an April 13 dinner at the club.
- Journalism student awarded scholarship to study in Japan
Ben Rickaby of the College of Journalism and Mass Communications at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln has been awarded the $1,000 George & Eva Grimes Memorial Award to study Japanese visual culture this summer.
- CoJMC students selected for Dow Jones News Fund intern program
Three University of Nebraska-Lincoln students have been selected for The Dow Jones News Fund intern program. DJNF will train the three College of Journalism and Mass Communications' students and send them to work as news and sports copy editors at news organizations across the country this summer.
- Hipke awarded $1,500 UCARE grant
Makayla Hipke has been awarded a $1,500 Undergraduate Creative Activities and Research grant for the 2012-13 academic year. Sponsored by Dr. Frauke Hachtmann, Hipke is participating in her second year in a research project titled “Game-Changer: The Role of Social Media in Big Ten Athletic Departments.”
- Advertising / PR students take home 19 ADDY® Awards
Feb. 4—The University of Nebraska-Lincoln took home five Gold and 14 Silver ADDYs® at the ADDY® Awards held in Omaha February 4.
- Meet the Spring 2012 Omaha World-Herald fellows
Four University of Nebraska-Lincoln journalism students were selected for the spring 2012 Omaha World-Herald Fellowship program. The fellows are Riley Johnson, Teresa Lostroh, Anna Reed and Paige Yowell.
- Student receives $1,500 Global Gateway scholarship
Anastasia Hecker from the College of Journalism and Mass Communications at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln has been awarded a $1,500 scholarship to study Japanese visual culture this summer.
- Paige Cornwell accepted to NYTimes Student Journalism Institute
Jan. 2 — Paige Cornwell has been accepted into a 14-day hands-on journalism residency program held at the University of Arizona in collaboration with the National Association of Hispanic Journalists.
CoJMC on the National Scene
- March 22 — Matt Waite was was featured in The Nation (Chile) on the new opportunities journalism holds.
- March 12 — Matt Waite was quoted in the Tampa Bay Times on the subject of regulation for commercial drones.
- March 4 — UNL one of 11 journalism programs to stupport nonprofit status for news organizations to create a more informed public.
- February — Matt Waite was quoted regularly as national debate over the role of domestic drones began to heat up.
- Jan. 25 — Charlyne Berens explains how Hagel's views of war were formed for Reuters.
- Jan. 13 — The New York TImes quoted Matt Waite in a column about guns, maps and data that disturb.
- January 2013 — Who is Chuck Hagel? Dr. Berens wrote the book on Chuck Hagel.
- January 2013 — Associate dean Charlyne Berens was sought out following the nomination of former U.S. Sen. Chuck Hagel as Secretary of Defense.
- December — Matt Waite writes for Nieman Journalism Lab about responsive design.
- Dec. 17 — Charlyne Berens weighs in on Hagel as next Secretary of Defense and fields media calls.
- Dec. 15 — Scott Winter was published in the December American Journalism Review.
- Nov. 26 - Matt Waite featured in NBC News article on paparazzi using drones.
- Nov. 16 - Matt Waite is in Air & Space mag talking robot reporters.
- Oct. 29 - Drone journalism set for takeoff.
- Oct. 23 - Joe Weber wrote about the Fourth Estate in China for the Oct. 6 National Journal.
- Oct. 22 - Matt Waite was a panelist at the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism at Oxford University
- Sept. 28 - Joe Starita received the Spirit of Mari Sandoz Award from the Nebraska Library Association.
- Aug. 28 - Matt Waite speaks on drones for TV newsgathering
- Aug. 8 - Sue Bullard wrote a guest column about the future of journalism for the Chicago Tribune.
- July 2 - Matt Waite appeared in articles about drones in the Kansas City Star and Washington Times.
- June 26 - Joe Weber interviewed reporter for the Columbia Journalism Review.
- April 26 - Gary Kebbel and Matt Waite were featured in a Fast Company article about drone journalism.
- In March, Matt Waite appeared in several reports about the rise of drones in the U.S.
- Jan. 13 - Matt Waite appeared on WNYC and an NPR program to discuss using drones to gather news.
News from 2006-2012
- CoJMC annual J Days celebration, April 1-5 read more
- Harold Andersen honored as "Nebraskan of the Year" read more
- Bolivia Reborn photo exhibit on display in the Union Rotunda read more
- The Hitchcock Fellowship read more
- Senior News and Broadcasting student wins BEA award read more
- CoJMC Expands Online Masters Specializations Options read more
- Travel with CoJMC this summer read more
- Advertising/PR students take home 19 ADDY® Awards read more
- CoJMC Students Mark Nebraska State Chamber's 100th Anniversary read more
- Onyx agency wins Craftsman challenge read more
- UNL receives $20,000 to study community news providers read more
- Joe Weber teaches four months in China read more
- Kyrgyzstan: After the Revolt read more
- Native Daughters Summer Institute read more
- 2011 Vocal Chords read more
- UNL professor receives AEJMC/Knight grant read more
- Matt Waite attends News Foo boot camp read more
- Three UNL students join AAF Promising Minority Students read more
- UNL public relations student group wins top honors read more
- December 2011 Salute to Graduates read more
- 2011 alumnus pursues broadcast career in NY read more
- The Slave Free Nebraska Campaign read more
- The Children Who Lived read more
- NBA scholarship awards read more
- Bolivia Depth Reporting read more
- Sriyani Tidball receives Human Rights Award read more
- Erin Reynoldson is in the student spotlight read more
- CoJMC launches community news website read more
- Steve Waldman discusses FCC report read more
- Professor Struthers selected to AAF National Education Executive Committee read more
- Alumni Masters Week. Connect With Success. read more
- Tailgate Nov. 5 before the NU vs Northwestern game read more
- J Alumni News launches new format read more
- Cornhusker awards for 2010-2011 read more
- CoJMC Fall Career Fair Oct. 28 read more
- How safe is your food? read more
- Meet the Fall 2011 Star City News team read more
- College of Journalism and Mass Communications Red Letter Day Visit read more
- Author Trudy Lieberman joins CoJMC to teach class in public affairs reporting read more
- Participate in the CoJMC Photo Club read more
- Journalism professor to teach a semester in China read more
- "They Could really Play the Game" will broadcast Monday, August 22 read more
- Digital Media in India read more
- IRE Better Watchdog Workshop coming to Lincoln in October read more
- Apply for NSAC read more
- National Federation of Press Women Conference September 9-10 read more
- UNL finishes second in national Hearst Journalism Awards competition read more
- World's Greatest Salesperson, Spring 2011 Brick Video Competition. Watch the entries and winners
- CoJMC Students Receive Scholarship Awards from Omaha Press Club Foundation read more
- Student Impact Awards read more
- CoJMC Student Accepted into New York Times Student Journalism Institute read more
- Advertising/PR Student Awarded Allen Rosenshine Minority Educational and Training Fund Internship read more
- Alternative Spring Break Trip Provides Service-Learning Experience read more
- CoJMC Senior Honored as a Chancellor's Scholar at All-University Honors Convocation read more
- CoJMC Professor Receives Distinguished Teaching Award read more
- UNL advertising students win NSAC district competition read more
- Nebraska immigration issues: A Community Conversation read more
- UNL CoJMC and Knight Digital Media Center Host Mobile Symposium read more
- University of Nebraska?Lincoln Journalism Students Earn Top Awards read more
- NET Journalist Receives Thomas C. Sorensen Award read more
- Knight Foundation Adviser to Deliver Keynote at J Days Honor Convocation read more
- Journalism College to Honor Alumni and Leaders During J Days read more
- UNL Developing Exchange Program for the Coming Fall Semester read more
- CoJMC Senior Receives 2011 Cather Circle Collegian of the Year Award read more
- UNL students deliver presentation at Nebraska governor's mansion read more
- Journalism professor wins BEA Best of Competition Award read more
- University of Nebraska–Lincoln Journalism Students Earn Top Awards read more
- UNL advertising student selected for AAF's Most Promising Minority Student program read more
- J school is developing iPad application to tell the story of viruses read more
- Kern joins staff at UNL ABC News on Campus bureau read more
- Advertising/public relations students take top ADDY® Award honor read more
- Bill Frakes, Sports Illustrated photographer and Pulitzer Prize winner, presents at the Sheldon read more
- CoJMC Receives its third Innovator in Residence, Jessica Mayberry read more
- Journalism college launches news service read more
- Dante Chinni, co-author of the book "Our Patchwork Nation," visits the CoJMC read more
- UNL advertising student selected for AAF's Most Promising Minority Student program read more
- Valerie Ellsworth retires from the CoJMC after 25 years of service to UNL read more
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln Journalism Students Earn Top Awards read more
- The Search for the World's Greatest Salesperson: Watch the entries and winning videos read more
- Judith Yeck Retires after 36-year career at the CoJMC read more
- Reynolds Center picks UNL professor for business journalism fellowship read more
- NU Foundation awards Global Gateway Scholarships read more
- Campus Coverage Project read more
- Vocal Chords Christmas Concert on KRNU read more
- Entrepreneur Jim Brady visits the CoJMC read more
- ABC News on Campus Bureau Offers Senior CoJMC Students a State-of-the-Art Multimedia and Newsgathering Experience read more
- Ruth Brown honored with Leader in Communication Award by IABC-Lincoln read more
- Andrew Dickinson placed third (award of excellence) in the pictorial category in the College Photographer of the Year photo contest read more
- Bruce Thorson will present "Roy Stryker: FDR's Economist as a Photographic Visionary of the Great Depression" read more
- Jeff Zeleny will meet with students at the J school Nov. 10-12. read more
- UNL welcomes back to campus alumnus Aaron Eske ('06) for Truman Day workshops read more
- Campus Coverage Project read more
- Tob Bloomberg News Executive visits the CoJMC read more
- Human rights activist, journalism alumna, visits J school read more
- IABC-Lincoln honors UNL Associate Professor with Leader in Communication Award read more
- UNL Students Selected for Collegiate Business Journalism Conference read more
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln News21 Fellows Gain National Coverage read more
- Omaha World-Herald Chooses CoJMC Students to Write for the Newspaper read more
- Adam Wagler Spends Two Weeks as a Visiting Professor at Colle+McVoy read more
- Luis Peon-Casanova teaches in Bolivia read more
- Starita's book 'I Am A Man' selected for 'One Book' continue reading >>>> more details
- First Ethics brownbag lunch session features Bender continue reading >>>> more details
- Coverage of the Special Olympics 2010 USA National Games in Lincoln read more
- Jnews Alumni Magazine Online visit website
- CoJMC Freshman Wins Writing Award read more
- UNL names Knight Foundation's Kebbel as dean read more
- UNL Students Shine in Photo Contest read more
- CoJMC J Days 2010 read more
- UNL Student Wins Trip read more
- Break out of the 9 to 5: Entrepreneurship in Mass Communications read more
- Hearst Contest Winners read more
- Nebraska State Fair read moreview image
- Student PR Group Wins Top Honors read more >>>> view image
- Broadcast Students Place In Hearst National Competition read moreview image
- Sriyani Tidball Wins MLK Award read moreview image
- Depth Report in Bolivia read moreview image
- University of Nebraska Foundation Phoneathon read moreview image
- CoJMC Job Fair read moreview image
- CoJMC Student Creates Documentary read moreview image
- UNL Photojournalists travel across Nebraska read moreview image
- CoJMC Freshman Welcome Night 2009 read moreview image
- UNL's 90.3 KRNU to make format adjustments read moreview image
- Carson Vaughan puts experience and networking to work finding jobs, internships read more >>>> view image
- Big Red Welcome 2009 read more >>>> view image
- CoJMC Interim Dean Appointed read more >>>> view image
- UNL Photojournalists travel across Nebraska read more >>>> view image
- Student Summer Blogs read more >>>> view image
- UNL Alum at White House Press Conference read more >>>> view image
- UNL Advertising Students Win First Place read more >>>> view image
- Finalist interviews with ABC News on Campus representatives today read more >>>> view image
- Renewable Energy & Nebraska's Future read more >>>> view image
- Paths of the Displaced read more >>>> view image
- CoJMC to honor alumni, leaders during J Days 2009 read more >>>> view image
- J Days 2009 read more >>>> view image
- TV News & Production Career Day Camp read more >>>> view image
- Documentary to be shown for first time at CoJMC read more >>>> view image
- The Launch into Cyberspace - Jnews goes online read more >>>> view image
- Evan Williams, founder of Twitter, to appear at CoJMC read more >>>> view image
- Envision Your Own Endeavor read more >>>> view image
- Grab a Camera! Join the Debate! Planet Forward read more >>>> view image
- UNL student selected for Middle East journalism boot camp read more >>>> view image
- Japanese Visual Culture in Context read more >>>> view image
- Outing Madison Avenue read more >>>> view image
- Historic election on display in Today's Front Pages Exhibit read more >>> view image
- 2008 Hearst Broadcast News Competition read more >>>> view image
- Kosovo, South Africa photojournalism exhibit opens Nov. 24 read more >>> view image
- Sam Abell Photography Presentation read more >>> view image
- Front Page Images Website Launch read more >>> view image
- Mastersweek: Daniel H. Nelson Sr. read more >>> view image
- Michael Grunwald visits CoJMC read more >>> view image
- 2008 Election: Why Did That Happen read more >>> view image
- 2008 Election Coverage read more >>> view image
- "We The People: An American Dream and Nightmare" Viewing read more >>> view image
- "A Time For Burning" Viewing read more >>> view image
- Nebraska McAuliffe Prize Essay Contest read more >>> view image
- Brian Hernandez NY Times Debate Watch read more >>> view image
- Ambassador Francois Rivasseau read more >>> view image
- The Dean's Blog read more >>> view image
- Ethanol Documentary Viewing read more >>> view image
- Ethanol Essay Wins OpenSecrets.org Journalism Contest! read more >>> view image
- "The American President" Photo Exhibit read more >>> view image
- Strategic Discussions for Nebraska reports on Immingration read more >>> view image
- CoJMC joins Carnegie-Knight initiative read more >>> view image
- Two UNL students named to UWire 100 read more >>> view image
- Student Blogs from Summer 2008 read more >>> view image
- University of Nebraska students win RFK Journalism Award read more >>> view image
- UNL Students work with the Journal Star to launch a new text product read more >>> view image
- Learn how to navigate the real world of journalism read more >>> view image
- Jdays 2008 read more >>> view image
- Journalism College to honor alumni, leaders read more >>> view image
- CoJMC alum is in Kabul, Afghanistan read more >>> view image
- CoJMC Photojournalism Students travel to Kosovo read more >>> view image
- CoJMC Professors in Kosovo read more >>> view image
- International Photography Exhibit read more >>> view image
- redwire's first issue hits stands February 18, 2008 read more >>> read update >>> view image
- Brittany Jones-Cooper the First Nike Field Reporter read more >>> view image
- "Platte River Odyssey" Receives RNRF's Excellence in Journalism Award read more >>> view image
- CoJMC Alum Wins Hearst Award read more >>> view image
- Pine Ridge Photojournalism Depth Report read more >>> view image
- UNL Advertising Students Win Recognition read more >>> view image
- Winter in Ethiopia read more >>> view image
- Study Abroad Summer 2008 read more >>> view image
- Two CoJMC students place in College Photographer of the Year read more >>> view image
- The Courage in Education Project wins awards. read more >>> view image
- UNL broadcasting students honored in Accolade competition. read more >>> view image
- JNews goes platinum. read more >>> view image
- Journalism alum returns for Master's Week. read more >>> view image
- driveACCORDINGly Event read more >>> view image
- Echoes of Project X: The Pentagon Papers Symposium: read more >>> view image
- "To bridge the gap: advertising in modern Russia" read more >>> view image
- CoJMC Beneficiary of Buffett Donation. read more >>> view image
- Brian Lehmann wins Hearst Award. read more >>> view image
- Sheppard does it again (YouTube video). read more >>> view image
- How was your summer? Student Blogs from Summer 2007. read more >>> view image
- Premiere of Student In Depth Report on Germany. read more >>> view image
- Chipotle Mexican Grill UNL Advertising Scholarship Awarded to Dan Sheppard. read more
- CoJMC Photographers cover Big 12 Championship. day 1 > day 2 > day 3 > view image
- "In the Wake of Catastrophe" is Regional Finalist view image
- The ADDYs 2007 . read more >>> view image
- New Studio Open. read more >>> view image
- CoJMC's Bauerle a Hearst broadcast finalist. read more >>> view image
- UNL Student Depth Reporting Returns from Germany. read more >>> view image
- CoJMC Student Places in the Second Round. read more >>> view image
- CoJMC Students in Africa. visit website >>> view image
- UNL graduate wins Marshall Scholarship. read more >>> view image
- Brian Lehmann wins Hearst Photojournalism Award. read more >>> view image
- CoJMC students "best ever" at 2006 Hearst Competition. read more >>> view image
- The New Photojournalists. read more >>> view image
- Nebraska Professor in Kosovo. read more >>> view image
- UNL Student Depth Reporting Heads to Germany. read more >>> view image
- CoJMC Student Wins $20,000 in Competition. read more >>> view image