Job Hunting Tips
New Job or Internship?
Time to let the world know about it. By filling out this form you will be helping us build the brand of successful, engaged UNL Students by making your accomplishments a visible part of our college.
Current jobs and internships are posted through Husker Hire Link and LinkedIn
If you are looking for a job or internship, click the links in the left column to visit our Husker Hire Link feeds or join the UNL CoJMC LinkedIn page.
UNL Career Services offers a centralized, comprehensive career center with services in career counseling, career exploration, job search and career-decision making skills and strategies.
LinkedIn offers a place to network with other students and graduates of the CoJMC AND build your resume during your college career.
If you want to Hire a Husker, we have two easy, convenient and free options:
- Visit the Husker Hire Link home page to submit your openings. Log in or create your account a www.unl.edu/careers/hhl/ .
- Visit the CoJMC's official LinkedIn page at http://www.linkedin.com/pub/unl-college-of-journalism-mass-comm/1b/713/44b . Add UNL CoJMC to your network or contact the CoJMC here.
ADVERTISING & PR
Stacy James (402-472-3069)
Michael Goff (402-472-0219)
Rick Alloway (402-472-6856)
Carla Kimbrough (402-472-4051)
Joe Starita (402-472-8280)
Advice from a prospective employer
- What is Mike Kellams from the Chicago Tribune looking for when he hires?
Internship How-To Videos
- How to find out about internships with Alia Conley
- How to prepare for an internship interview with Andrea Vasquez
- How to get an internship with Mitch Mattern
- What is the biggest thing I have learned from my internship with Andrew Dickinson
- How to dress for and act during an internship interview with Asha Anchan
- What is the biggest piece of advice you'd give to future interns with Cori Schwabe
- Why internships are important with Dennis Bukowski
- How I got my summer internship with Zee Chiweshe
- Watch the whole playlist on YouTube