J Days Alumni Awards of Excellence
Began in 1992, J Days is a week-long celebration about the accomplishments of the students, faculty and alumni of the College of Journalism and Mass Communications. The CoJMC presents Alumni Awards of Excellence, the Nebraska Broadcast Pioneer Award, the college distinguished teaching award, Dean's Award and the Thomas C. Sorensen Award for Distinguished Nebraska Journalism each April..
Or send your nomination to the attention of the dean's office at:
College of Journalism and Mass Communications
PO Box 880443
Lincoln, NE 68588-0443
View a list of past winners.
All Nebraska football fans are invited to kick off Husker home game weekends with Football Fridays at the Nebraska Champions Club, 707 Stadium Drive. Program begins at 5:15 p.m. Admission is free. Food and drink is available for purchase.
- Ask our Husker roundtable of former players and local media your questions about the 2012 team and the week’s opponent
- Win Nebraska Champions Club passes, game tickets, and Husker gear
- Hang out with other Husker fans, just 50 feet from the west entrance to Memorial Stadium
- Misty’s food for purchase, cash bar
- Children’s games, cheerleaders and more
Parking is FREE (first-come, first-served). Additional parking available for a fee at the Stadium Drive Parking Garage, across the street from the Club.
- Aug. 31: Southern Miss preview
- Sept. 14: Arkansas State preview
- Sept. 21: Idaho State preview
- Sept. 28: Wisconsin preview (Homecoming)
- Oct. 26: Michigan preview
- Nov. 9: Penn State preview
- Nov. 16: Minnesota preview
Alumni Association EventsMasters Week, Nov. 7-12, 2012
Alumni “masters” return to campus to share their experience and advice with current students. These alumni are honored for their accomplishments, and have the chance to show students how they have applied their education to their careers.
Nebraska Alumni Association Awards (May)
The alumni awards program is designed to recognize outstanding alumni, students and former faculty from the University of Nebraska–Lincoln in several categories.