Start Your Story Here
Apply to UNL and declare one of the CoJMC majors as your own: Advertising and Public Relations, Broadcasting or Journalism. At this Big Ten school, you’ll start writing your incredible story from Day One, getting hands-on experience actually doing the kinds of things you will do in your career.
With nearly 150 majors at UNL and specialized programs of study to match any interest area, the opportunity for hands-on experience through our nationally-acclaimed undergraduate research program, and a campus located at the heart of an innovative, college city community of over 250,000 people - the University of Nebraska–Lincoln offers the ideal Big Ten collegiate experience for students at an affordable cost.
At UNL, we care about your story, so we’ve tried to make it as easy as possible for you to get started. Just open the books below.
The application is broken down into several books for you to tell your story. Each book has required information before it is considered complete.
Some helpful hints to ease the application experience:
- Allow approximately 30-45 minutes to complete all sections of the application
- You do not have the ability to save the application. If you close out of the application you will lose your work
- To make the process go smoothly, plan to have the information below ready before you start
Book 1: Start Your Story
- Email address
- Citizenship status
- Type of degree (undergraduate, graduate)
- Application term (spring 20xx, fall 20xx etc.)
After you complete book 1, you will see a bookshelf with additional books.
BE AWARE: You may not see all of the books listed below, this is normal.
Book 2: Personal Information
- Social Security Number
- Ethnic background
- English proficiency
- Academic status
Book 3: Contact Information
- Mailing address
- Parent / Guardian information
Book 4: Academics
- Selecting a major (you can be undecided)
Book 5: High School Information
- High schools attended
- Graduation date
Book 6: Academic Background
- High school courses you have completed and those you are currently taking
Book 7: College Information
- Listing of colleges attended
- Hours completed
Book 8: Additional Information
- Scholarship information
- Parent information
Book 9: Personal Statement
A 350 word personal statement about YOU, only required if you want to be considered for scholarships. You can safely skip this part of the application and submit your personal statement later through MyRed.
Be aware of required deadlines if you do not submit your personal statement with your application.
Book 10: Certification
- Certify the information you have submitted is correct
- Military status
- Reduced lunch eligibility
- Select a payment option for the $45 application fee (if paying by credit card, please be prepared with card information)
Please contact the Office of Admissions at 1-800-742-8800 if there is anything that we can do to help in the process.